The meeting was called to order by Mayor Chris Heiser at 7:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on November 20, 2013 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Snyder, Willnerd, Janssen, Lovell. Absent none.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the October meeting, the October Treasurers Report.
2. Approved bid from Mr. Electric for the lights at the Fire Hall. Approved payment of 1/3 of the cost for new leather boots for the Fire Department.
3. Approved starting a savings account for Street Maintenance for $20,500.00 from the money received for the Walk/Bike trail.
4. Approved the Gordon Clinic lease of $600.00 per month plus 30% of the electric bill.
5. Approved bid from Westco for 2500 gallons of propane at $1.578 per gallon
5. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Wages $21,730.99; Great Plains Communications 669.62; Northwest Community Action 229.00; Colonial Life & Accident Insurance 37.00; Northwest Rural Public Power Dist 71.56; Nebraska Public Power District 5,387.04; Hinns Rushville Auto 379.46; Sides & Milburn 210.43; Barco Municipal 381.66; Sones, Peg 40.00; Ne Dept of Revenue 582.72; Rushville Service Center 487.54; Team Lab 880.00; Farmers Coop 833.02; SourceGas 1,037.54; NE Dept Enviromental Quality 37,310.12; Hinns Ace Hardware 719.64; Police Sinking Fund 500.00; Ed Feld 283.00; Michael Todd 115.03; NE Municipal Power Pool 2,150.20; Hinn Gordon Auto 12.92; Van Diest Supply 546.00; Xerox 168.96; Amazon. Com 110.19; Westco 1,214.86; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; Municipal Supply 1,898.60; Mid American Research 258.59; NE Public Health 18.00; Security First Insurance 202.00; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Gordon True Value 81.44; NE Golf Association 72.00; The Copy Shoppe 212.84; MPC 72.60; Cemetery Equipment Sinking Fund 200.00; NE Wastewater Operators 20.00; Blue Cross Blue Shield 3,036.59; Companion Life 169.20; Homestead building 19.99; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Smith & King P.C. 230.00; Verizon Wireless 100.39; First Wireless 241.00; Sandhills News 86.90; Card Member Service 230.00; USDA Water Loan Reserve 580.00; One Call Concepts 1.85; Large Print Overstock 152.77; Blue Tarp Financial 369.36.
Ayes: Snyder, Willnerd, Lovell, Janssen. Nays: None.
Mayor Heiser requested the City Clerk contact PADD and see if there is a grant available to help purchase new fire equipment for the Fire Department for around $40,000.
The Law Enforcement Contract was discussed. The City Attorney will rewrite the contract. Further action was tabled at this time.
The RV Sewer Dump was discussed. The City Clerk will contact the owner of the land west of Rushville to see if they would be interested in selling this land to the City of Rushville. No further action was taken.
The City Boards will meet as follows: Ambulance Board December 10, 2013; Library Board December 23, 2013.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: December 11, 2013