The meeting was called to order by Mayor Chris Heiser at 7:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on December 24, 2013 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Snyder,Willnerd, Janssen, Lovell. Absent none.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the November meeting and the November Treasurers Report.
2. Approved to submit notice to extend the Law Enforcement Contract to Sheridan County Commissioners and the Sheridan County Sheriff.
3. Approved City Attorney submit waiver letters to current landowners in Sandridge Addition.
4. Approved Proclamation for January as Radon Action Month.
5. Approved Resolution #13-04 Thanking Anna Janssen for her years of service as a Councilwoman and acceptance of her resignation.
6. Councilman Snyder moved to reappoint the following City Officials: Chief of Fire Department-Dwaine Sones; Utilities Superintendent-Kirk Beguin; City Clerk/Treasurer-Connie Roffers; City Attorney-Jamie Simmons & Aaron Conn; City Depository-Security First Bank; SWANN Board-Brian Snyder; PADD Board-Mayor Heiser; PADD Board Alternate-Connie Roffers; ACE Board-Mayor Heiser; ACE Board Alternate-Connie Roffers.
6. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Wages $22,496.65; Kone 113.82; Great Plains Communications 572.49; Community Action 229.00; Colonial Life & Accident Ins 37.00; NW Rural Public Power 72.84; NPPD 6,158.07; Hinn’s Rushville Auto 58.63; Sides & Milburn 317.79; Sones, Peg 40.00; Nebraska Dept Revenue 617.36; Nebraska Rural Water 50.00; Source Gas 1,608.55; Hinn Hardware 301.76; Police Sinking Fund 1,000.00; Nebraska Licensed Beverage 200.00; Michael Todd 234.19; American Water Works 174.00; Xerox 163.76; Cornhusker Press 84.04; Amazon.com 489.23; Westco 1,385.25; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; Country Books 25.98; NE Public Health 33.00; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Fyr Tek 231.97; Copy Shoppe 288.46; Metal Products 91.50; Midwest Living 14.99; Cemetery Equipment Sinking 200.00; Blue Cross/ Blue Shield 3,036.59; Companion Life 172.92; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Smith King PC 260.00; Verizon 219.37; Beguin Propane 1,217.75; Sandhills News 104.98; Water Loan Reserve 580.00; ADT Security 124.30; One Call Concepts 1.85; Municipal Chemical 500.00; Large Print Overstock 157.25
Ayes: Snyder, Willnerd, Lovell, Janssen. Nays: None. Motion carried.
Jim Gardner from FALCO was present to give the audit report. He reported that Parkview Lodge still has a line of credit debt at the bank for $41,000.00. The only discrepancy found was regarding the Airport Authority. A meeting was held by the Airport Authority to approve the loan at the bank but the minutes of the meeting were not recorded in the file. He advised that the City may need to look at increasing the sewer rates. There was no other discussion.
Jean Parker called to ask to be put on the January agenda as she would not be able to attend the December Council meeting. The matter was tabled.
Mayor Heiser received a phone call from John Branca and he would be interested in selling the City the land where the old Rendering Plant was for the proposed RV Dumping Station. He wants the City to make him an offer. He would also be interested in leasing the land. After some discussion is was decided that the Mayor will call him and offer him $500.00 an acre. No other action was taken at this time.
The City Boards will meet as follows: Ambulance Board January 14, 2014; Golf Board January 14, 2014.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: January 15, 2014