The meeting was called to order by Mayor Chris Heiser at 6:35 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on October 23, 2014 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Snyder, Jansen, Lovell. Absent: Willnerd.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the September meeting and the September Treasurers Report.
2. Approved bid from Hinn Home Furnishings for $491.16 for carpet at Hospital building.
3. Approved paying $100,000.00 to USDA for water loan from water savings account.
4. Approved Ordinance #14-770 to change water rates.
5. Approved Resolution #14-03 for one way street running South to North in the alley East of Security First Bank.
6. Approved appointment of Janet Hinn to the Golf Board.
7. Approved renewal of loan and line of credit at Security First Bank and bill to FALCO for $5,777.02 for 2013audit for Parkview Lodge Assisted Living.
8. Approved full time City Park, Golf Course, Street & Alley, Water & Sewer employees punch time clock at City Shop building.
8. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Salaries 22,921.40; Great Plains Communications Inc 736.69; Armstrong 11.86; Northwest Community Action 229.00; Frontier 25.89; Colonial Life & Accident Insurance 37.00; Northwest Rural Public Power Dist 497.32; Nebraska Public Power District 7,477.62; Hinn Auto 453.23; Hills Material 1,140.18; Sones, Peg 40.00; Nebraska Department of Revenue 618.61; Team Lab 355.00; NE Rural Water 100.00; Source Gas 380.53; NE Dept Environmental Quality 150.00; Hinn Hardware 648.09; Police Sinking Fund 1,000.00; Fred Lockwood 1,992.12; Service Really Matters 178.00; Hinn Gordon Auto 160.00; Xerox Corp 163.76; Amazon. Com 338.23; Westco 898.93; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; Mid America Research 1,455.73; DHHS Public Health 15.00; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Power Plan 69.52; Perfect Turf 1,560.00; Cemetery Equipment Sinking Fund 200.00; Blue Cross/Blue Shield 3,142.42; Companion Life Insurance 180.80; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Smith & King 317.00; Verizon Wireless 114.50; Cardmember Service 11.80; USDA Water Loan Reserve 580.00; ADT Security 46.18; Wex Bank 26.10; One Call Concepts 9.55; Monument Inn 166.00.
The hotel building on Main Street was discussed. The owner of the building contacted the Mayor and wants to give the building to the City of Rushville. Because of the condition of the building, the Councilo did not feel like they have the money it would take to restore the building so that it could be sold or used. The Mayor will call the owner and ask if the City could board up the doors and windows to make the building more inaccessible.
The City Boards will meet as follows: Ambulance Board November 18, 2014; Library Board November 18, 2014.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: November 5, 2014