The meeting was called to order by Council President Willnerd at 6:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on December 29, 2014 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Snyder, Jansen, Lovell, Willnerd. Absent: Mayor Heiser.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the November meeting and the November Treasurers Report.
2. Approved bill to fix heat pump at hospital building for $1500.00
3. Approved Proclamation designating January Radon Action Month.
4. Approved Ordinance #14-772 Ordinance granting to the Nebraska Public Power District, a public corporation and political subdivision of the State of Nebraska, its successors and assigns, the non-exclusive right and franchise for a period of 25 years to erect, operate and maintain an electric light and power system in the City of Rushville, Nebraska, for the purpose of furnishing electric energy to said city and the inhabitants thereof; limiting the maximum charges for such energy; providing certain regulations with reference thereto; and all things incidental to the purposes thereof; repealing all ordinances and parts of ordinances in conflict therewith; directing the form of publication of this ordinance and prescribing the time when this ordinance shall be in full force and effect.
5. Approved reappoint of the following City Officials: Chief of Fire Department-Dwaine Sones; Utilities Superintendent-Kirk Beguin; City Clerk/Treasurer-Connie Roffers; City Attorney-Aaron Conn; City Depository-Security First Bank; SWANN Board-Brian Snyder; SWANN Board Alternate-Mayor Heiser; PADD Board-Mayor Heiser; PADD Board Alternate-Connie Roffers; ACE Board-Mayor Heiser; ACE Board Alternate-Connie Roffers.
4. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Wages $20,440.97; Kone 113.82; Great Plains Communications 567.14; Community Action 229.00; NW Rural Public Power 67.89; NPPD 6,311.30; Hinn’s Rushville Auto 90.61; Sides & Milburn 63.60; Sones, Peg 40.00; Nebraska Dept Revenue 730.72; Rushville Service 35.00; Source Gas 1,507.37; Hinn Hardware 919.16; Police Sinking Fund 1,000.00; Nebraska Licensed Beverage 200.00; Fred Lockwood 8,000.00; Center Point 240.00; Northwest Pipe 99.15; Van Diest 546.00; Xerox 165.26; Chamberlain Pier 175.00; Amazon.com 314.64; Westco 1,377.83; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; Country Books 18.00; NE Public Health 88.00; Security First 1,786.00; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Copy Shoppe 32.99; Cemetery Equipment Sinking 200.00; Blue Cross/ Blue Shield 2,212.15; Companion Life 139.35; Modern Farm 31.57; Nebraska Life 24.00; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Smith King PC 377.00; Verizon 114.88; Beguin Propane 978.52; Sandhills News 143.32; Cardmember Service 43.28; Water Loan Reserve 580.00; ADT Security 46.18; One Call Concepts 2.20; S&A Savings 1,000.00; Glass Wizzard 471.50
City Employee Tony Roffers was unable to attend the meeting. Tabled until January 2015 meeting.
The City Boards will meet as follows: Ambulance Board January 13, 2015.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: January 14, 2015