The meeting was called to order by Mayor Chris Heiser at 6:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on February 18, 2015 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Snyder, Jansen, Lovell, Willnerd. Absent: None.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the January meeting and the January Treasurers Report.
2. Approved hiring former employee Tony Roffers back part time for $1,070.00 per month for approximately nine months a year.
3. Approved Resolution #15-01. A resolution to adopt a long-range one and six-year plan of highway, road and street improvements based upon priority of needs and calculated to contribute to the orderly development of integrated statewide system of highways, roads and streets.
4. Approved Endowment Fund for the City of Rushville in the amount of $1,500.00 to be paid to Nebraska Community Foundation.
5. Approved bill from Vernon Company for $1,663.58 for memorabilia for the Ball Park.
6. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Salaries 19,550.40; Great Plains Communication Inc 567.87; Northwest Community Action 229.00; Frontier 922.25; Northwest Rural Public Power Dist 70.27; Nebraska Public Power District 6,263.92; Hinn’s Rushville Auto 169.91; Peg Sones 40.00; Nebraska Dept Revenue 533.81; Rushville Service Center 24.82; NE Rural Water 150.00; Source Gas 1,397.62; Hinn Hardware 92.69; Fred Lockwood 5,092.19; Police Sinking Fund 1,000.00; R&R Products 508.15; NE Liquor Commission 45.00; NE Panhandle Golf 100.00; Xerox Corp 163.76; Amazon. Com 210.06; Westco 2,919.73; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; City of Alliance 500.00; NE Public Health Environmental 48.00; Seridan County 7,048.25; DHHS 40.00; The Copy Shoppe 590.56; Power Plan 559.36; Cemetery Equipment Sinking Fund 200.00; Blue Cross/Blue Shield 2,212.15; Companion Life Insurance 146.82; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Taste of Home 10.00; Smith & King 350.00 ; Verizon 114.64; Beguin propane 510.17; Sandhills News 304.54; Cardmember Service 405.23; Virginia Petersen 108.68; USDA Water Loan Reserve 580.00; National Geographic 40.00; ADT Security 46.18; Wex Bank 31.00; Companion Corporation 899.00; Action Communications 405.07; National Laboratories 26.69
The City Boards will meet as follows: Golf Board March 5, 2015; Ambulance Board March 10, 2015.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: March 4, 2015