The meeting was called to order by Mayor Chris Heiser at 6:200 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on August 23, 2017 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Jansen,Willnerd, Snyder. Absent: Lovell.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: August Treasurer’s Report and August Council minutes.
2. Approved Special Liquor License for Cindy Knollette Niobrara Valley Vineyards for October 14, 2017
3. Approved Propane bid from Westco for $1.195 beginning October 2017.
4. Approved Renewal of Parkview Assisted Living loan at bank for $21,284.31 and a $20,000.00 line of credit.
5. Approved appointment of Doug Johnson to the Cemetery Board and Jared Janssen to the Board of Trust.
6. Approved paying off USDA Hospital loan.
7. Approved 3% cost of living raise for all permanent part time and full time employees. Approved 6 month Evaluation raise to $15.00 per hour for Traci Feddersen.
5. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Salaries $29,036.68; Action Communication 1,698.00; ADT Security 53.96; Amazon. Comm 28.47; Armstrong Extinguishing 537.00; Black Hills Energy 333.52; Blue Cross Blue Shield 2,098.33; Brennan Electric 456.45; Stu Campbell 55.04; Cash Wa 141.50; Companion Life 147.60; Copy Shoppe 148.03; Core & Main 191.47; Eds Auto & Trucking 540.00; Faris Plumbing 597.22; Frontier 652.71; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Gordon Police 250.00; Great Plains 894.03; Hay Springs Lumber 219.24; Hills Material 13,619.82; Hinn Hardware 1,157.87; Hinn Gordon Auto 70.20; Hinn Rushville Auto 237.81; Steve House 40.00; Ideal Market 105.81; Jansen Custom Cut 315.00; Kone 125.88; Mid Iowa Solid Waste 93.31; Municipal Chemical 660.00; NPPD 10,664.32; Nebraskaland Magazine 44.00; Ne Dept Revenue 50.00; Ne Public Health 256.00; Nebraska Rural Water 125.00; NW Community Action 264.00; Northwest Rural 63.67; Northwest Pipe 180.40; One Call Concepts 3.03; Parkview Lodge 3,884.86; Power Plan 300.10; Productivity Plus 48.25; RLW Solutions 490.00; Rushville Service 68.00; Sandhills News 323.29; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Smith, King, Simmons 475.00; Peg Sones 40.00; T&K Distribution 48.75; Verizon 115.40; Westco 1,740.73; Wex Bank 31.49; Xerox 169.36.
No comments were made on non-agenda items.
Doug Dykstra from Gen Pro Energy was not present. Further discussion regarding Solar Energy was tabled until the October meeting.
Steve Elwood from Yoba’s was present to discuss food vendors. He wanted to know if they are required to have a Nebraska Food License and if they are paying State and Federal taxes. He was informed there is a Vender Permit they need to fill out and pay the City a daily fee according to what the type of vendor. The City Attorney will look into this. Further discussion was tabled until next month.
Ambulance Board October 10, 2017; October 23, 2017; Library Board October 23, 2017; Cemetery Board October 23, 2017.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: October 4, 2017