The Hay Springs Lady Hawks had a great showing at Subdistricts Tuesday night in Chadron, taking down Sioux County and Crawford to advance to the District Final. The Lady Hawks came out on fire, defeating Sioux County in three straight sets 25-14, 25-16 and 25-22. They then faced the Crawford Lady Rams, who came off a 3-1 win over Cody-Kilgore. The Lady Hawks kept their momentum going in to the second game, winning the first set 25-17. Crawford came back to take the second set 25-19, but Hay Springs came right back to win the third 25-16. The Lady Rams stayed alive with a big 25-19 win in the fourth set, but the Lady Hawks would not be denied and won the fifth and final set 15-7.
The Lady Hawks will now face the 29-2 Leyton Lady Warriors Thursday, Nov. 7, at 7 p.m. in Bayard for the District Final Match. The two teams have met twice this year already, with Leyton taking both games in straight sets. The Lady Warriors also defeated Hay Springs last year in the sub-disctrict finals.
- Hay Springs football vs Riverside
- Hawks defeat Shamrocks, advance to semi-finals
- Hawks football preps for State Playoffs against Spalding Academy
- Lady Mustangs, Lady Lions come together after volleyball match to remember Lily Martin
- Gordon-Rushville volleyball triangular against Valentine and Alliance