The meeting was called to order by Council President Steve Willnerd at 6:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on December 21, 2016 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Lovell, Jansen, Willnerd, Snyder. Absent: Mayor Heiser.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: Council minutes of the November meeting and the November Treasurer’s Report.
2. Approved appointment of Althea Mitchell as Deputy City Clerk.
3. Approved January as National Radon Action month.
4. Approved resolution #2016-04. A resolution of the City of Rushville authorizing and directing the chief elected official and the secretary/clerk to sign all documents as may be required in processing or completing the USDA Rural Development community facility loan/grant.
5. Approved Liquor License for Twisted Turtle Pub.
6. Approved reappointment of City Officials
Chief of Fire Department-Dwaine Sones
Utilities Superintendent-Kirk Beguin
City Clerk/Treasurer-Connie Roffers
Deputy City Clerk-Althea Mitchell
City Attorney-Aaron Conn
City Depository-Security First Bank
SWANN Board-Brian Snyder
SWANN Board Alternate-Mayor Heiser
PADD Board-Mayor Heiser
PADD Board Alternate-Connie Roffers
ACE Board-Mayor Heiser
ACE Board Alternate-Connie Roffers
7. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Wages $20,966.20; Kone 121.56; Great Plains Communications 587.25; Tom Stover 1,260.00; Community Action 273.50; Frontier 14.60; NW Rural Public Power 68.75; NPPD 6,635.88; Hinn’s Rushville Auto 222.12; Sides & Milburn 644.00; Sones, Peg 40.00; Nebraska Dept Revenue 594.27; Rushville Service 638.40; Hinn Hardware 1,149.79; Police Sinking Fund 1,000.00; Nebraska Licensed Beverage 200.00; Pudelko 74.35; Michael Todd 82.50; Colwell Electric 818.18; Ne Municipal Power Pool 498.00; Ideal Market 9.78; Redfield Direct 830.12; Xerox 163.76; Amazon.com 801.65; Westco 1,343.97; Sewer Loan DEQ 6,500.00; Sewer Maintenance DEQ 1,000.00; HTM Sales 55.80; Parkview Lodge 3,504.95; NE Public Health 66.00; Sheridan County 7,048.25; Nebraska Golf 990.00; Copy Shoppe 68.80; Hay Springs Lumber 37.80; CAN Surety 143.34; Cemetery Sinking Fund 200.00; Blue Cross/ Blue Shield 2,098.33; Companion Life 142.50; USDA Water Loan 4,400.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Smith King PC 750.00; Verizon 114.66; Beguin Propane 527.35; Sandhills News 55.28; Cardmember Service 327.97; Water Loan Reserve 580.00; ADT Security 51.30; One Call Concepts 1.89; John Deere Financial 11.59; Cin Design 19.00; Action Communication 804.00; S&A Savings 1,000.00; Gardner, Loutzenhiser, Ryan 7,000.00; Gordon Police Dept 250.00; Black Hills Energy 1,508.75; Data Technologies 5,025.00.
Ayes: Snyder, Willnerd, Jansen, Lovell. Nays: None.
City Attorney Aaron Conn issued the Oath of Office to Councilwoman Steph Lovell and Councilman Brian Snyder.
City Attorney Aaron Conn informed the Council of LB702 Ward Elections at Large. If Council so desired they would have the right by vote to submit at next general election the question of nominating and electing members of the City Council at large rather than by ward.
No action was taken at this time.
The City Boards will meet as follows: Ambulance Board January 10, 2017.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: January 11, 2017