The meeting was called to order by Mayor Heiser at 6:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on January 24, 2018 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Jansen, Willnerd, Lovell, Snyder. Absent: Moyor Heiser.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: December Treasurer’s Report and December Council minutes
2. Approved January as Radon Action Month
3. Approved March Gambling as Awareness Month
4. Approved Law Enforcement Contract from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2020.
5. Approved Department of Transportation Maintenance Agreement
6. Approved Mary Ann Britt & Ralph Otte for the Library Board
7. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Salaries $ 20,898.95; ADT Security 53.96; Amazon. Com 725.11; Black Hills Energy 2,009.42; Blue Cross Blue Shield 2,956.87; Cardmember Service 150.00; Colonial Research 665.77; Companion Life 131.64; Copy Shoppe 627.85; Cummins Sales & Service 678.08; Feld Fire 2,235.72; Frontier 974.00; Gardner, Loutzenheiser, Ryan 8,000.00; Gordon Police 250.00; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Gordon True Value 64.95; Great Plains 647.22; Hawkins 235.48; Hinn Auto 158.70; Hinn Hardware 126.80; Ideal Market 49.90; NPPD 5,735.85; NW Community Action 264.00; NE Public Health 66.00; NE Rural Water 150.00; Northwest Heating 95.00; NW Rural Public Power 74.97; One Call 5.64; Parkview Lodge 3,547.54; RLW Solutions 60.00; R&R Products 401.84; Rushville Service 25.00; Sandhills News 189.86;Security First Insurance 1,036.50;Sheridan Cnty Treasurer 1,496.03; Smith & King 375.00; Peg Sones 40.00; Verizon 136.56; Westco 2,233.85; Xerox 170.55.
Ayes: Snyder, Willnerd, Jansen, Lovell. Nays: None.
Under public comments Diana Robins-Mansel asked if the Tree Board could put a tree on the lot on Highway 20 east of the Post Office. Councilman Willnerd noted he was approached by the Extension Office for a building to rent for more space. He looked at the south wing of the hospital, but doesn’t think it would be large enough.
Ambulance Board February 13, 2018.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: February 7, 2018