The meeting was called to order by Mayor Heiser at 6:00 p.m. as per the Municipal Code of the City of Rushville, Sheridan County, NE. Notice of the meeting was given by publication in the Sheridan County Journal Star on August 22, 2018 as required by law and delivered to the Council in person. Present: Jansen, Snyder, Willnerd. Absent Lovell.
The following motions were duly made, seconded and passed.
1. To approve, accept and ratify the following items listed under the consent agenda: July minutes & Treasurer’s Report.
2. Moved to approve Special Liquor License for Twisted Turtle Pub for September 1, 2018 and October 13, 2018.
3. Approved bid from Thrasher Inc. to repair basement wall Library for $8,374.00.
4. Approved hiring Stuart Kozal full time at $13.00 per hour plus benefits.
5. Approved Resolution #18-03 (1.5%) Sales tax. The City, by passage of the Resolution, is proposing to extend the existing one half of one percent sales and use tax another four years, which requires the approval of the qualified electors of the City.
6. Approved Resolution #18-04. Resolution Authorizing Chief Elected Official to sign application for CDBG Funds.
7. Approved $23,333.33 cash for application points for Rock Crushing Grant.
8. Approved all of the following bills for the City of Rushville and that warrants be drawn for same:
Employee Salaries $24,805.23; ADT Security 56.95; Amazon 302.67; Arnold Pool 116.50; Black Hills Energy 307.61; Blue Cross/Blue Shield 2,956.87; Cardmember Service 25.40; Cash Wa 570.70; Companion Life 170.52; Copy Shoppe 138.93; Fire & Ice 170.93; Frontier 1,268.70; Rowena Gibbons 20.00; Gordon Police Dept 250.00; Great Plains 908.34; Hawkins 948.63; Hinn Auto 165.17; Hinn Gordon Auto 20.97; Hinn Home 1,211.56; Ideal Market 243.04; Kone 125.88; Midwest Farm 154.24; Nebraska Dept Ag 175.00; NW Community Action 242.31; NW Rural 811.62; NPPD 11,231.60; NE Public Health 430.00; One Call 15.81; Panhandle Drilling 4,099.40; Parkview Lodge 4,180.59; Panhandle Sales 30.00; RLW Solutions 60.00; Rushville Service 10.00; Sandhills News 76.03; Smith, King, Simmons 400.00; Peg Sones 40.00; Simons 13,835.38; Renee Stabb 330.00; 21st Century 36.65; Verizon 131.78; Westco 1,869.51; Xerox 159.49.
Ayes: Snyder, Jansen, Willnerd. Nays: None.
Under public comments, Mayor Heiser informed the City Council that Ken Bates has issues at the City Dump with the blue dumpsters always being full and unable to use. Mayor Heiser informed him to contact Solid Waste Agency of Chadron about this issue.
The City Boards will meet as follows:
Ambulance Board September 11, 2018; Cemetery Board September 17, 2018; Park Board September 17, 2018.
A complete copy of the minutes is available at the City Office, 208 Conrad, PO Box 99, Rushville, NE 69360 during regular business hours.
Published: September 5, 2018