Public notice is hereby given to the qualified electors of City of Rushville, Nebraska (the “City”) that at a special election to be held within the City on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, there shall be submitted to the qualified electors of the City the following proposition:
“Shall the City of Rushville, Nebraska (the “City”) issue its bonds in a principal amount not to exceed Eight Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($850,000) for the purpose of financing a portion of the costs of constructing and equipping a new municipal swimming pool and related facilities within the City; said bonds to be issued from time to time, to be sold at such prices, to bear interest at such rates, to become due at such times, and to have such other terms and provisions, all as may be fixed and determined by the Mayor and Council of the City; and
“Shall the City cause to be levied and collected annually a special levy of taxes against all the taxable property in the City sufficient in rate and amount to pay the interest, principal and premium on said bonds as the same become due?”
FOR said bonds and tax
AGAINST said bonds and tax
Qualified electors voting in favor of said proposition shall blacken completely the oval opposite the words “FOR said bonds and tax” following said proposition, and qualified electors voting against said proposition shall blacken completely the oval opposite the words “AGAINST said bonds and tax” following said proposition.
ELECTION BY MAIL:
By Mail Election
This election will be an election by mail. Each registered voter residing within the City will receive a ballot by mail at his/her address as it appears on the voter registration register; and therefore no polling places will be open for voting. Ballots will be mailed by the Election Commissioner of Sheridan County between June 17, 2019 and June 28, 2019. Registered voters wishing to vote in the Special Election who will be absent from their residence between June 17, 2019 and June 28, 2019 may contact the Sheridan County Election Commissioner’s Office.
Voter Registration Deadlines
1. June 21, 2019 is the last day for mail-in registrations, registrar registrations, delivered registrations and agency registrations.
2. June 28, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. is the last day for in-person voter registration in the office of the Election Commissioner of Sheridan County.
Any voter who changes information on a current registration or registers to vote after the ballots have been mailed but before the in-person registration deadline of June 28, 2019 by 6:00 p.m., will be given a ballot at the time of registration or change.
Ballot Return Deadline
Voted ballots that are sealed in the “Return Identification Envelope” may be returned by one of the following means:
1. U.S. Mail: Place $1.00 postage on the envelope and mail the ballot to Election Commissioner of Sheridan County, PO Box 39, Rushville, Nebraska 69360; or
2. Hand Delivery: Deliver the ballot to the Election Commissioner of Sheridan County in the Sheridan County Courthouse, 301 East 2nd St, Rushville, Nebraska 69360; or
3. Drop Box: The ballot can also be placed in a sealed ballot box located at the Sheridan County Courthouse, 301 East 2nd St, Rushville, Nebraska 69360 through July 9, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
NOTE: All ballots must be in the possession of the Election Commissioner of Sheridan County no later than 5:00 p.m. on Election Day, July 9, 2019.
Sheridan County Election Commissioner Information
Mailing Address: PO Box 39, Rushville, Nebraska 69360
Location: 301 East 2nd Street, Rushville, Nebraska 69360
Phone: (308) 327-5650
Regular Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. - Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Friday, excluding holidays.
BY ORDER OF THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RUSHVILLE, NEBRASKA
Published: June 12, June 19, June 26, and July 3, 2019