Meeting was called to order by President Johnson at 6:31 pm in the school Distance Learning room via Zoom, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the pointing out of the posting of the Open Meetings Law.
Roll Call was taken with B. Johnson, D. Russell, S. Henry, M. Reed, and M. Kearns present.
School personnel in attendance included: Superintendent Mr. Lechtenberg, Principal Mr. Hagge, and Bookkeeper Mrs. Wolken.
Motion to excuse G. Heiting was made by M. Reed and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote passed 5/0
Motion to approve agenda for June 29th special meeting, was made by S. Henry and seconded by M. Reed. Roll Call Vote Passed 5/0
I. Open Forum
• Admin Reports
• Superintendent – Mr. Lechtenberg
• Updates from June 8th Meeting
▪ Two Beef & two Hogs scheduled for March??? at Ord Ne.
▪ Contacted Travis Binger about resolution to the cafeteria concrete issue
• Willing to help provide a solution
▪ Checked with Mr. Riemann on lost ESU#13 School Improvement data (In Cyber Space)
▪ No policy issue with selling the bus
▪ Survey of lots contacted Pine Ridge Land Survey
▪ Building permit for removal of blue house
• Policy update from June 8th meeting
▪ Final review of Board Policy Revisions from June 8th meeting for Sections 100-400
▪ “Random Mandatory Drug Testing Policy” with revisions approved at June meeting
• Review of Board Policy Sections 500 & 600 & 700 with reviewed date
o Principal- Mr. Hagge-
a. Update review of Board Policy Section 500 & 600
There were no public comments.
II.Discussion items included the following:
• Final review of Board Policy Revisions Sections 100-400
• Random Mandatory Drug Testing Policy with revisions approved at June meeting
• Review of Board Policy Sections 500 & 600 with reviewed date
• Review Board Policy Section 700 if time permits
Action Items included:
• Motion to approve Final Reading of Policy Sections 100, 200, 300, 400 with revisions as presented was made by D. Russell and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote Passed 5/0.
• Motion to approve First reading of Board Policy Sections 500and 600 as revised was made by M. Reed and seconded by S. Henry. Roll Call Vote passed 5/0
• No Action was taken on the First Reading of Board Policy Section 700.
• No action was taken to rescind the motion on the concrete work by cafeteria door.
• No action was taken on the Addendum to the extra duty contracts.
• President Johnson adjourned the meeting at 10:53 pm.
IV. Adjournment at 10:53 pm
V. Next Meeting- Monday, July 13th, 2020 @ 6:30 pm in DL room via Zoom.
• Items for July meeting
▪ Addendum to Extra Duty Contracts
▪ Concrete Work Bids
▪ Final Reading of Board Policy Sections 500 and 600
▪ First Reading of Board Policy Sections 700 and 800
▪ Student Handbook
▪ Staff Handbook
▪ Return to School Plan
Published: August 26, 2020