Notice of this meeting was published in the Hip Hop and the Sheridan County Journal Star newspaper and on the school website.
Meeting was called to order by President Johnson at 6:31 pm in the school Distance Learning room via Zoom, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the pointing out of the posting of the Open Meetings Law.
Roll Call was taken with B. Johnson, S. Henry, M. Reed, D. Russell, G. Heiting and M. Kearns present.
School personnel in attendance included: Superintendent Mr. Lechtenberg, Principal Mr. Hagge (arrived later), and Bookkeeper Mrs. Wolken.
Motion to approve agenda for August 10th, 2020 meeting, was made by M. Kearns and seconded by S. Henry. Roll Call Vote Passed 6/0
I. Open Forum
• Admin Reports
Superintendent – Mr. Lechtenberg
• General Information
• NASB Calendar update
• Corona Virus Update
• Fall Back to School Plan
• Budget and Finance update and establishment of budget review workshop
▪ Budget workshop 8/24/2020 Lori 8/274/2020
▪ CARES Act application due August 31, 2020
• Policy Review
▪ Final Reading approval of sections 700, 800, and NASB Revisions
▪ Review and first reading of 900and 1000
• Landscape and concrete work
• Lister-Sag3e Meeting of three members from each board to review current agreement and make adjustments if deemed necessary
• Bus sale
• 342 N Baker Closing
• Curriculum updates
• Building improvements
• Back to school
Director of Student Services – Mrs. Marx
Activities Director’s – Ms. Kudrna
• NSAA Updates
Technology Coordinator report
Bookkeeper –Mrs. Wolken
There were no public comments.
II.Discussion items included the following:
• Lister-Sage Report
• Agreement review meeting time and date
• HSPS expense review
• Beef to School Lunch Report-No report
• Final reading of sections 700, 800, and NASB June and July updates
• First reading of sections 900 and 1000
• First and final reading NASB Revisions of policy numbers:
1. 0103.00 Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity wording
2. 0104.00 wording revisions on school improvement process
3. 1015.00 change required to recommend
4. 0204.02 allows emergency meeting to be conducted electronically
5. 204.07 wording on meeting notices
6. 0204.11 wording on the meeting minutes
7. 0205.08 NEW policy understanding of NDE waiver to rules and regulations
8. 0402.01 sexual orientation or gender identity wording
9. 0404.06 sexual orientation or gender identity wording
10. 0501.00 sexual orientation or gender identity wording
11. 0502.02 NOT NEW but need a board resolution to guide administration on option students
12. 0504.11 descriptive paragraph to define “dangerous objects” etc.
13. 0504.18 sexual orientation or gender identity wording
14. 0607.10 NEW classroom environment concerning essential oils
15. 0801.04 addition of “dangerous objects”
• Review forms and resolutions present in section 500 and 600 that are used to apply board policy
• Building Maintenance projects
• Plumbing estimate of 2nd floor men’s room
• Finance Committee
• July Bank Account summary and balances
• August Payables $29,380.97
• August Payroll $186,233.60
Action Items included:
• Motion to approve the July 13th Regular meeting minutes as amended, was made by M. Reed and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote Passed 5/0. D. Russell Abstained
• Motion to approve the July ending account summary and August payables in the amount of $29,380.97, and Payroll in the amount of $186,233.60, was made by S. Henry and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0. M Reed abstained from check #8256.
• Motion to approve final reading of policy sections 700, 800 and NASB revisions was made by M. Kearns and seconded by M. Reed. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0
• Motion to approve first and final reading of NASB revision of policy numbers: 0103.00, 0104.00, 1015.00, 0204.02, 0204.07, 0204.11, 0205.08, 0402.01, 0404.06, 0501.00, 0502.02, 0504.11, 0504.18, 0607.10, 0801.04 was made by D. Russell and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0
• Motion to approve first and final reading of policy revisions and additions to sections 900 and 1000 was made by M. Kearns and seconded by D. Russell. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve resolutions and forms utilized in sections 500 and 600 was made by D. Russell and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve plumbing estimate of 2nd floor men’s bathroom by Hencey Plumbing was made by G. Heiting and seconded by S. Henry. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve Budget Hearing and Tax Request Hearing for September 14, 2020 was made by M. Kearns and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0
• Motion to go into Executive Session to discuss personnel issues/concerns and certified staff professional growth was made by S. Henry and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• President Johnson declared the Board in executive session at 8:53pm.
• President Johnson declared the Board out of executive session at 9:23pm
• Motion to come out of executive session was made by D. Russell and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• President Johnson adjourned the meeting at pm.
IV. Adjournment at 9:27 pm
V. Next Meeting- Monday, September 14th, 2020 @ 6:30 pm. Location to be determined
• Items for September meeting
▪ Year to Date Financial Summary
▪ Budget Hearing
▪ Tax Request Hearing
Published: September 30, 2020