I. The Regular Meeting was called to order by President Johnson at 6:32 pm in the school distance learning room, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the pointing out of the posting of the Open Meetings Law.
II. Roll Call was taken with B. Johnson, M. Reed, S. Henry, M. Kearns, D. Russell and G. Heiting present. School personnel in attendance included Superintendent Mr. Lechtenberg, Principal Mr. Hagge and bookkeeper Mrs. Wolken.
III. Motion to approve the agenda for November 8, 2021 Board Meeting was made by M. Kearns and seconded by S. Henry. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
IV. Open Forum
• Administrative Reports
▪ Superintendent – Mr. Lechtenberg
▪ Principal- Mr. Hagge
▪ Director of Student Affairs– Mrs. Marx
▪ Activities Director’s – Ms. Kudrna
▪ Technology Coordinator- Mr. Reimann
▪ Bookkeeper –Mrs. Wolken
There were no public comments
I. Discussion Items
• Lister-Sage Report-M. Kearns/G. Heiting
• Beef to Lunch- S Henry/G. Heiting
1. 11/30/21 scheduled 2 beef & 2 Hog to Sturgis Locker in afternoon
• Building Funding/Potential options
• Teacher Negations update
• Request to meet 11/10/21
• Superintendent Search Procedure update
• September 27th 2021 First Board meeting with NASB
• NASB Community Engagement survey and meeting
• Curriculum and Instruction
• Policy update
• 402.11 Credit card policy
• 718.000 Fiscal Management Internal Controls
• PBIS update- S. Henry
• Finance Committee (August Financial Summary and September payables)
o October Bank Account summary and balances
o November Payables S123,436.52
o November Payroll Liabilities in the amount of $223,740.11
V. Action Items
• Motion to approve the minutes of the October 11th, 2021 Regular meeting, as amended, and for the October 18th, 2021 Board Superintendent Search Workshop meeting was made by D. Russell and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote passed 5/0 with G. Heiting abstaining.
• Motion to approve the October ending Financial Account Summary/Balances, November payables in the amount of $123,436.52 and November payroll liabilities in the amount of $223,740.11 was made by S. Henry and seconded by M. Reed. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve the one-year renewal of CD that matures 11/30/2021was made by G. Heiting and seconded by S. Henry. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve the final reading of policy 402.11 and policy 718.00 was made by D. Russell and seconded by M. Kearns. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to approve the delaying of Superintendent evaluation until the January 10th, 2022 Board Meeting was made by D. Russell and seconded by G. Heiting. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• Motion to go into executive session to discuss Negotiations update, Superintendent search update, NASB Community Engagement Meeting and member selection was made by M. Reed and seconded by D. Russell. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
• President Johnson declared the board in executive session at 7:20 pm
• President Johnson declared the board out of executive session at 8:53 pm
• Motion to come out of executive session was made by D. Russell and seconded by M. Reed. Roll Call Vote passed 6/0.
VI. President Johnson adjourned the meeting at 8:55 pm.
VII. Next Meeting Dates:
a. NASB Superintendent Search Timeline Application deadline November 21st, 2021
b. December 2nd review applications
c. December 8th candidate interviews
d. Negotiating Committee Meeting, November 10th, 2021
e. Regular Board Meeting December 13th 2021
VIII. December Agenda items:
a. NASB Superintendent Search Progress update
b. Report on State Education Conference
c. Approval of the 2020-21 Audit
Published: December 22, 2021 ZNEZ