Nebraska to accept amended tax returns from same-sex couples

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska officials say they will accept amended income tax returns from same-sex married couples following last month’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

Acting Tax Commissioner Leonard J. Sloup says Tuesday the state Department of Revenue will accept amended income tax returns for all open tax years. In most cases, that means couples can file returns going back as many as three years.

Same-sex couples married in other states are also eligible to refile income tax returns.

Sloup says couples are not required to amend any returns.

The U.S. Supreme Court in June legalized same-sex marriage across the nation.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

back to top